PROHIBITION SATURDAYS at The Wooly Public
Join us every Saturday night for dancing, lounging, and imbibibng at the iconic Woolworth Building with NYC's best hot jazz n' swing bands, classic burlesque, chorus gals, swing DJs, superb cocktails n' food, and the best part... No Cover!
go to: Facebook Page (invite friends)!
MAY 13th (debut)
* GRAND STREET STOMPERS w. Gordon Au (trumpet) and Caitlin Allen (vocalist)
playing three sets of hot jazz & swing from 8:30-11:45pm
* Dj VaVa VOON (8pm-12am)
* classic burlesque by GAL FRIDAY
* chorus gals BATHTUB GINNYS
* free beginner swing dance lesson at 8pm
* head bartender & noted mixologist ERYN REECE (Death & Co., Mayahuel, and our own events incl. The Salon: Mad Men)
* chef JEFF SROLE (Craft & Maison Premiere)
* food and drink specials
THE WOOLY PUBLIC
The Wooly Public is a new full-service restaurant and cocktail bar in the landmark WOOLWORTH BUILDING WHERE anyone can enjoy delicious drinks, food and music in a fully imagined environment.
The bar program is headed by acclaimed bartender ERYN REECE (formerly of Death & Co. and Mayahuel). Reece has created a two-part menu featuring “Old Souls” (lesser known classic cocktails) and “New Editions” (contemporary concoctions).
Complementing the drinks is a menu by Jeff Srole (who most recently served as Sous Chef at Maison Premiere in Williamsburg after working for many years in the kitchen of Tom Collichio's craft). Our menu offers indulgent old school eats with a twist, alongside forward thinking fare reflective of the fast-changing neighborhood. Initially open weekdays for lunch and dinner and for dinner on Saturdays, the expansive dinner offers bites for every occasion and craving, and for parties both large and small.
PROHIBITION SATURDAYS - save the date:
* May 20th - Molly Ryan & The NYHJC All-Stars
no event May 27th
* June 3rd - Baby Soda Jazz Band
* June 10th - Sneak Thievery Orchestra
Presented by Prohibition Productions and Wooly Public