GOTHAM JAZZ FESTIVAL
Join us for the debut of Prohibition Productions own annual festival celebrating the centennial of jazz in 2017 with 14 of NYC's best hot jazz, swing, n blues bands (nearly 100 performers) at the stunning & exclusive private club from the gilded age, The Players Club!
2:00 to 5:00pm
The first half of the full day festival, you may get tickets for just this half, or for the entire day. At 5pm all ticketed guests must leave the venue so we can reset for the second half.
* Dan Levinson’s Roof Garden Jass Band w. Queen Esther (2:15-3:30pm / Library)
A special centennial celebration and presentation of recorded jazz with note-for-note re-creations of the first jazz recordings by the Original Dixieland "Jass" Band which was released mid-April 1917. Plus Phonograph DJ MAC (Michael Cumella)
* Baby Soda Jazz Band (3:50-4:50pm / Library)
* Jason Prover & Sneak Thievery Orchestra (4-5pm / Ballroom)
* Adrien Chevalier Gypsy Jazz Band (2-4pm / Card Room)
* solo pianists Arthur Migliazza, Dalton Ridenhour, and others (2-5pm / The Grill)
5:45pm to 1:00am
The second half of the full day festival, you may get tickets for just this half, or for the entire day.
THE BALLROOM (aka Dinning Hall)
* Glenn Crytzer All Stars (6-7pm)
* The Grand St. Stompers w. Gordon Au & Molly Ryan (7:30-8:30pm)
* Avalon Jazz Band w. Tatiana Eva-Marie (9-10pm)
* Gordon Webster Band w. Charles Turner (10:30-11:30)
* Sweet Megg & The Wayfarers (6:15-7:15pm)
* Mike Davis & The New Wonders (7:45-8:45pm)
* Olli Soikkeli Trio (9:15-10:15pm)
* Professor Cunningham & his Old School (10:45-11:45pm)
THE KINSTLER ROOM
* pianists incl. Terry Waldo, Dalton Ridenhour, Arthur Migliazza, and Jon Weber (5:45-9:30pm)
* King Solomon Hicks Quartet (10-11pm)
* Festival Jam Session (11:30pm-1am)
* DeWitt Fleming Jr. - tap dancer
* Svetlana Shmulyian - vocalist
* Dandy Wellington - MC / singer
* The Bathtub Ginny's - chorus girl dance group
* DJs VaVa Voon and Odysseus Bailer
* free dance lesson by Jaime Shannon (7-7:30pm)
* cash bars on every floor
* and so much more!
GOTHAM JAZZ FESTIVAL
Sunday, April 23, 2017
The Players Club
2pm to 1am
All ages / 21+ to drink
16 Gramercy Park South, NYC
(btw Park Ave and Irving Place on 20th Street)
N/R/6 subway to 23rd Street, or 4/5/6/L/N/Q/R subway to 14th St Union Sq.
For this 1st annual festival we return to the stunning and exclusive private club from the gilded age... THE PLAYERS, past members included Humphrey Bogart, Lauren Bacall, Frank Sinatra, Mark Twain, Edwin Booth and so many others.
DRESS CODE - Proper attire requested - Retro Chic, Vintage, Suits, cocktail attire, or biz casual... think Boardwalk Empire, Gatsby, Mad Men. No shorts, t-shirts, torn/tattered jeans, workout or warm-up attire, fitness/athletic shoes, and ball/casual caps. Security will have final say on dress code admittance.
We are thrilled to be working with these sponsors for the festival:
THE REPEAL SOCIETY
Join on Facebook for other liquor & cocktail vintage inspired events
sponsoring the Festival Jam Session
For all things Jazz Age, purchase Zelda at Zeldamag.com
sponsoring photography of the Festival
Hosting vintage events in Washington D.C., Atlanta, Chicago, Nashville, and New York City!
Our events at Players Club usually sell out...capacity for this event is limited, so advance tickets are strongly recommended!
-- > PURCHASE TICKETS HERE <--
1st Half Only (2:00-5:00pm)
$25 - Early Bird (thru March 31st)
$29 - Advance Tickets (starts April 1st)
$35 - Full Price / Door
2nd Half Only (5:45pm-1:00am)
$35 - Early Bird (thru March 31st)
$39 - Advance Tickets (starts April 1st)
$45 - Full Price / Door
Full Day (1st & 2nd half / 2:00pm to 1:00am)
$55 - Early Bird (thru March 31st)
$65 - Advance Tickets (starts April 1st)
$75 - Full Price / Door
Student Tickets (at door, cash only, w/valid Student ID )
$20 - 1st Half // $25 - 2nd Half // $40 Full Day
Late Night Ticket- $20 (entry after 10:30pm, cash only)
$45 - 1st Half (only)
$85 - 2nd Half (only)
$120 - Full Day
Includes: skip any lines at the door; swing lesson; access to all floors, exclusive access to VIP reserved seating area in front of Main Stage in Ballroom, and Library (1st half only). Limited availability.
Gotham Jazz Festival is instigated by Prohibition Productions LLC.
The Salon & Prohibition Productions founded by Patrick Soluri in 2001