INTREPID: Battle of the Big Bands
Saturday, May 27, 2017
7:00pm – 1:00am
Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum (NYC)
Pier 86, W 46th Street and 12th Avenue, NYC
Hangar Deck opens at 7:00pm Flight Deck opens at 8:00pm
TICKETS STILL AVAILABLE
But only the final tier $55 General Admission Tickets remain!!
VIP Tickets and other General Admission Tiers are Sold Out.
** BUY TICKETS (click here) **
** FACEBOOK PAGE **
** SCHEDULE **
featured in: TIME OUT NY (April 2017)
The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum and Prohibition Productions proudly present our second annual epic battle of the big bands and swing dance on the flight deck of the historic aircraft carrier Intrepid!
This highly anticipated one-night-only special event is an official part of Fleet Week 2017 and celebrates the music, dancing, and style of the Swing Era featuring three of NYC's best big bands playing on the flightdeck on a giant fifty foot stage; plus a barbershop quartet, 1940’s-style photo booth, a vintage fashion contest, swing dance performances, dance contests, free beginner swing dance lesson, our lovely pinup gals, and you’ll find even more bands playing below deck when you explore the museum! The spectacular lineup has over 90 performers, with live music and dancing all night, plus a 2,000 square foot wood dance floor on the flight deck and 1,000sq ft on the hanger deck. 'Follow the Fleet’ with Navy-inspired outfits... vintage clothes and dance shoes are encouraged. Last year was not only completely sold out, but considered one of the best events of the year!
The Flight Deck
live music by:
* Harlem Renaissance Orchestra (18 piece)
* Glenn Crytzer Orchestra (13 piece) plus guest vocalist Hannah Gill
* Gunhild Carling with the Swingadelic Big Band (12 piece)
Each band plays a one hour set on our massive 50ft stage, and the last set features all three big bands on the same stage, battling it out -- culminating in them playing all together! Flight Deck also has 2,000sq ft wooden dance floor.
The Hanger Deck
live music by:
* Jason Prover’s Sneak Thievery Orchestra (2 sets)
* Dan Levinson's Swing Wing (2 sets)
Hanger Deck also has 1,000sq ft wooden dance floor
* Gimme Four - award-winning barbershop quartet
* DJ's VaVa Voon and Odysseus Bailer
* MC Dandy Wellington
* performances by chorus gals The Bathtub Ginnys’s
* debut dance performances by our very own INTREPID SWING DANCE BRIGADE (w/choreography by Gaby Cook and Paolo Pasta Lanna)
* 1940’s style Pinup & Cigarette Gals: incl. Velvetina Taylor, Dandy Dillinger, Lilin Lace, Trinity Starlight, Agent Wednesday, Georgie S., and Scout O. (costumes by 26 Stars / Carmela Lane)
* Best Dressed Contest
* Two Dance Contests: Strictly and Team (see below)
*Radishes for the well dressed - a Salon tradition - by Michael Ingbar.
* Free Beginner swing lessons in Hanger (30 min ea at 8:00pm and 10pm) by Gaby Cook
* Photo Booth setup w/ 1940’s era airplane
* Guided tours of the Intrepid (VIP Ticket holders only)
Compete for lindy hop glory in one of TWO dance competitions at the Intrepid Battle of the Bands 2017. This year, we are hosting a Lindy Hop strictly, and a *NEW* team competition. Prizes include cash, trophies, and a guest performance at Midsummer Night Swing!
Click here for complete information: www.ProhibitionProductions.com/intrepid-2017-comp
BAR & FOOD
Rose, White Wine, Red Wine, Prosecco, and beer will be available for tastings on the flight deck and hanger deck with drink tickets that can purchased for $6ea. Snacks & water will also be available for purchase at a concession stand on flight deck.
$35 Early Bird (SOLD OUT)
$45 Advanced (SOLD OUT)
$55 Week of / at Door(avail NOW or at door if avail)
includes: Access to all areas of hangar deck and flight deck of the ship (except VIP area); and Swing dance lesson. Advance ticket purchase is strongly encouraged.
$75 Early Bird (SOLD OUT)
$85 Advanced (SOLD OUT)
$95 Week of / at Door (SOLD OUT)
includes: Access to the hangar deck and flight deck of the ship; Dedicated VIP line at the door; VIP-only guided tasting from 7:00pm to 8:00pm hosted by our liquor sponsors; 30 min VIP-only guided tours of the Intrepid Museum btw 8-10:30pm; VIP-only reserved seating and tables in a roped-off area on flight deck; Swing dance lesson. Limited availability. Advance ticket purchase is strongly encouraged.
PLEASE NOTE: Tickets are non-refundable / event is rain or shine! (if bad weather will be held on the Flight Deck)
- - -
INTREPID: Battle of the Big Bands is presented & produced by
Prohibition Productions and the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum